Trained facilitators bring to your classroom a presentation and hands-on activities to enhance learning. The theme of the presentation focuses on the biological processes of trees and forests. Topics discussed include:
- Tree Classification / Identification
- Benefits of Trees
- Renewability / Reforestation
- Tree Growth / Structure of a Tree
- Conservation & Forest Management
What teachers say about Talk About Trees…
- “This was a nice addition to our science curriculum. I wouldn’t have the time to give these details to my students.” LaGrande Teacher
- “The program was jam packed & exciting. The level was perfect for our age group.” Clatskanie Teacher
- “Program presentation was excellent! Students were kept engaged for the duration of the program. The presenter had excellent control of the students and their behavior. A quality program!” Welches Teacher
- “What a wonderful presentation! The kids love “hands-on” activities.” Multnomah County Teacher
- “I was really pleased at the simplicity and inherent depth of the program. Using simplistic demonstrations, the students really got a good grasp of a “Healthy forest.” The papermaking activity was excellent and led to a thorough discussion of protecting the environment, including recycling. Facilitator did an excellent job!” Southern Oregon Teacher
- “I enjoyed the way the presentation engaged the students. The program was very useful to our curriculum. I would highly recommend this program to others.” Multnomah County Teacher
We welcome your comments. Please tell us what your students learned from the program, what they enjoyed and how we can improve this educational experience for both you and your students.
Additional Programs to enhance and expand students learning and experience:
- Papermaking Program: Learn the history of paper, the many uses of paper, importance of recycling and finally make your own paper.
- Outdoor Program: Take the students to the outdoor classroom and experience first hand tree identification and much more.